There are gamer nerds and comic nerds, but Sebastian Alvarado, a biologist at Stanford University, is a true nerd, using science in order to explain how Captain America and Hulk “work.” Alvarado says that whatever that’s in the super-soldier serum is like a light switch, turning on specific genes that grant Steve Rogers his peak physique, and activating certain functions, such as muscle growth or the ability to strategically think, which in turn genetically modifies a skinny Brooklyn boy into the Star Spangled Man. So how does Bruce Banner become the rage-fueled demolisher, Hulk? Gamma radiation is a sort of chromosomal shattering, breaking the scientist’s DNA into pieces, and allowing Banner to transform. The interesting thing to note is that it also requires anger to morph into the Green Goliath. A molecular mechanism to turn on and off a gene is epigenetic modification, which is similar to how Cap turns a light switch once and retains his abilities. Hulk, however, can change back to Banner, so he has on and off switches, reversing his DNA whenever he alters appearance. If there’s one mystery that science just can’t solve… It’s how his pants stay on.
Face-to-Face, by Yvan Quinet.
Team Free Will
Day 3: Favourite Quotes
LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT, UNDERRATED DISNEY FILMS OF ALL TIME OKAY:
1. It teaches kids that we should never judge others by their appearance or what we’ve seen on the surface.
2. It teaches kids that despite if we’ve been taught to be afraid of or hate something or someone that looks/acts differently than us, we should learn and try to understand them before we judge them.
3. It teaches that two sides that may hate each other don’t always have to stay that way - they can learn and grown from each other’s mistakes.
4. It teaches that hatred is not always the answer; to listen, to step back, and see through someone else’s eyes. It teaches patience, understanding, and wisdom.
5. IT TEACHES CHILDREN THAT PEOPLE CAN BE FORGIVEN AND DO BETTER.
6. It teaches children that even if you make a mistake, you can learn and grow from it like Kenai.
Seriously I just love this movie to pieces it is so important to me and I wish more people knew/watched it because wtf it’s AMAZING.
TALKING TO PEOPLE
PLAYED KINGDOM HEARTS
SAW HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2
ORDERED PIZZA OVER THE PHONE
This guy in my class likes to think he’s the only one who knows about tumblr
When a girl messed up her presentation he literally held up a drawn star that said ‘you tried’ and said to me “you probably won’t get it it’s an Internet thing.”
please say you slapped him
im just gonna keep reblogging this until he finds it
hes here somewhere